Friday, July 29, 2011

I Quit!

Nobody looks cool fagging. I'm glad i finally ditched it. Alhamdulillah. It wasn't easy but I did it and so can anyone.

credit: teddy-o-ted.com




































In a span of 6 years, I quit 5 times and picked it up again. It became a pathetic joke. In the end, what worked for me was the realization that God made Man the most noble of His creations, and therefore Man should not stoop so low and degrade himself by submitting to another creation like tobacco, drugs, alcohol, even seemingly harmless health and lifestyle things like prescription drugs and coffee.
Instead Man should only be dependent and submit only to his Khaliq (Creator).



That worked for me. Yes, it took a while for that concept to sink in. I admit it was not an overnight event. My bad attitude back then forced me to remain in denial. I didn't want to save myself and rather dwell in my horrible habit. So when I watched The Arrivals and saw that the people who manufacture and sell cigarettes are part of the sinister system that serves the enemy. It was a big blow to me. I won't divulge about the enemy because I want you to watch The Arrivals for yourself.



credit: teddy-o-ted.com

All of that culminated into this realization and desire to be a better Muslim and revert to the fitrah (the pure, original, essential state in which God created humankind), insha Allah. The Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) said "The most powerful person is the one who has truly conquered himself" . I may appear to be preachy, but this is the undeniable truth. Sebuah hakikat.

I then made a conscious effort to avoid all tobacco triggers i.e. coffee, tea, eating till i'm really full and learned to say no when smoking buddies ajak smoke. Now I cant stand ciggie smoke and even get nauseated by the stench. Alhamdulillah.


credit: Ramadan-wallpapers.com

 So smokers, wouldn't you want to be FREE of  destructive habits and transform yourselves to be among the most powerful people?
 

No comments: