Monday, November 10, 2008

I love my Li'l Biyan!


Yesterday, my Biyan received Anugerah Kecemerlangan at his school for being the best in his class. Alhamdulillah. Pic: from left- Cikgu Mazdiana (Biyan's class teacher), yours truly, Biyan and Sham.

I certainly didn't expect him to receive any award. He is autistic, you see. And so I've learnt to love the person God has crafted him to be, not to have big expectations and be grateful to be with him each day. Any other mom will be sibuk and worried about how many A's her child gets, but not me. As long as Biyan is happy and eager to learn, I'm happy and contented.
Nevertheless I continue to pray that my Biyan will live a happy and fulfilling life, insya Allah. I hope he will learn about his Creator and to be His servant, possess living skills, being responsible, compassionate and being capable to love and help others. Hope that's not too much for Biyan to handle.
I love my Biyan! :D


8 comments:

Suriana said...

Congrats to the mama, and of course to the young man himself for his effort :-). Biyan is very lucky to have you as his mom, and I couldn't agree with you more about not fussing over As and such, as long as he is eager to learn. While As are a nice bonus, they do not define a person!
Hugs for Biyan from Aunty Seq over here :-p.

Anonymous said...

congrats Sis. i wish he n my Daniel can share their secrets n excitements

Nor said...

Thanks Anonymous mommy.
Though I dont have special secret formulas to share with you, I still welcome you to email me about your experience with Daniel.

Anonymous said...

Alhamdulillah!! So proud of Biyan! Memang Biyan clever boy after all! Nenek mesti jumping with joy!! Haha! Mama Biyan!, must reward him hancemly... *smile*

Anonymous said...

Hi there mom....congrats ya. Never 'give up' on him. He needs you to lead him to this world by showing yr LOVE. N u will be surprise how love makes him become. When i read 'bout yr Biyan, i cried coz i suddently think of my late brother, do u remember that i had youngest brother,deaf n dumb? if u don't well..just want to share with u. we loved him so very much n he was always our baby brother(eventhough he had his own family n life.) knowing that he was deaf n dumb n he didn't have the same mind as us normal people.Till now i shed tears if i see/meet someone/his fren....sign language. He passed away March 2007.Im proud to tell everybody that i have a brother who is deaf & dump n i even teaches my girls how to sign...

So,Dear, don't u ever give up on yr Biyan n be proud of him. Give my hugs to your Biyan fr Ibu Nurull.

Till then....

Anonymous said...

Bravo mama nino....am so proud that i hv such a loving and fun and compassionate and patient friend like u and most important...u hv done the very best a mom would do 4 yr Biyan!
keep loving,
keep caring,
keep hoping,
for love n care n hope will lead ...
to the deepest understanding,
of passion, affection n tenderness!

hugs,
phine @ mama papin

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS to Biyan and CONGRATS to the mama too for doing the best things for him.
His success is due from your continuous support and love. I'm proud to have a friend like you!!!

And I couldn't agree with you more about the As cos I think there's more to life than just academic. There are other values that are important that we need to instill into our children to be a better person in this world and in the later life.

fyi i have a good friend who has 2 autistic sons and she's very involved in the association, research and support. Let me know if you need any help and i can introduce you to her.

Take care dear!

Nor said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement, friends. I really do appreciate them! Have a lovely day!